IF YOU NEED TO TAKE AN ENGLISH COURSE* AS PART OF YOUR PROGRAM, YOU CAN WRITE SOME OF THE TESTS BEFORE YOU START CLASSES!
THE PURPOSE OF THIS TEST IS TO IDENTIFY ANY ADDITIONAL RESOURCES YOU MAY NEED TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE YOUR PROGRAM'S COURSES AND INTERNSHIPS.
Are you already fluent in English? Depending on your result, you may be able to obtain an English course equivalency for your program.
Do you need to brush up on your English skills? You can take one or more English courses at no cost.
Why do I need to pass this test and take English courses in a French language college?
To be successful at work, in and out of Ontario:
- proficiency in English is often essential;
- knowledge of both official languages is often required to start your own business;
- the ability to speak both English and French is a skill sought by employers;
- Collège Boréal prepares students for the bilingual labour market.
*Click here to find out if this course applies to your program.
Do you already know how to use Microsoft OFfice programs?
Based on your results, you may be excused from some of the course modules or even from the entire course!
Note: Students who have earned dual credits for INF1078 - Logiciels Microsoft are not required to take the equivalency test.
Please note that due to the temporary closures of our campuses, all testing will be online.
To sign up for a test session:
- Open the following link to see the test schedule and location: Registration
- Manage your time when taking the test: 1 hour (English); 2 hours (Microsoft programs)
- Be prepared! Find out what you need before the test. Don't forget to download Zoom.
- Refer to the table of Important dates to find out the deadlines.
If these dates are not convenient, contact the Testing Services Centre at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 1st 2020: Registration for placement and equivalency tests begins.
September 21st 2020: Deadline for English placement test and Microsoft equivalency test.
September 23rd 2020: Deadline to complete English equivalency test (challenge exam).
English Placement Test (mandatory)
To find out your test and pretest results, click on “Transcripts” in the Student Portal menu within 48 hours of completing the test.
Click here for more details.
Microsoft Software Equivalency Test (optional)
You will receive your results as soon as you have completed the test. You must fill out a confirmation indicating if you accept your mark or if you prefer taking the course.