Your little one learns through laughter!
Our early childhood centres are much more than a care centre: they are learning environments. Through play, your toddlers acquire skills that already prepare them to succeed in school… and in French! Our staff implements a holistic approach to early childhood development. With us, early childhood education is very important!
Our teaching approach
Every child deserves personalized attention, and to have their personality respected. We, therefore, adapt our activities to the kids, rather than adapt the kids to the activities. Childhood’s enthusiasm and joie de vivre are energies that need to be channeled. But we let the children guide us: they’re very good at letting us know if we’ve managed to reach them where they are, to begin, and then brought to explore further afterward.
Play is how a child acquires new concepts and develops confidence in his or her abilities. Because our aim is overall development, we keep in mind that distinctions between physical, intellectual and emotional development can be artificial. In reality, each one of these aspects influences all the others.
In accordance with the policy statement of the Ministry of Education, Carrefour francophone uses Ontario’s pedagogy for the early years “How does learning happen?“. This tool guides Carrefour francophone and educators in the development of our programs and services for early childhood.
Our early childhood centrers include all this:
- Infant groups (0 to 18 months);
- Toddler groups (18 to 30 months);
- Preschool groups (30 months to 4 years old);
- A family group in certain centres (0 to 12 years old)
- Full-time or part-time;
- Subsidies available;
- Specialized workshops offered by professional artists and experienced facilitators;
- 2 snacks, 1 hot lunch;
- Early childhood professionals;
- Professional development for staff;
- Stimulating activities adapted for your children;
- Outdoor games;
- Secure service;
- From 7 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday (from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm in Sudbury East : Village des tout-petits and Trésor des tout-petits).
For more information or registration, please contact us!
Danielle Morin, supervisor of the centre Boréal des tout-petits
Paulette Larocque, Director of Childcare services
705-675-6493 ext. 204
More information on Carrefour francophone's children services and our teaching approach here.