Counselling Services are here to support you in your decision making on the way to academic success or as part of your career planning and your personal development. Our counsellors offer a broad range of services that promote well-being, academic achievement, and personal growth.
At Collège Boréal, all students have access to the following services:
Personal Development (offered virtually)
College years can be a wonderful time, filled with unique experiences and possibilities to explore new ideas. However, those years can also be fraught with feelings of anxiety and uncertainty. While these feelings are some of the main reasons why students call upon our services, you can also ask for help in the following circumstances:
- you suffer from anxiety due to an oral presentation;
- you are concerned or disappointed about your results on your exams or your academic performance;
- you are experiencing financial stress;
- you worry about postgraduate projects;
- you suffer from loneliness or homesickness;
- you find it difficult to adjust to life in your new environment;
- you are having suicidal thoughts;
- there is tension with members of your family, your friends or your roommates.
Academic Pathway (offered virtually)
You can seek out one of our counsellors to talk about academic challenges. They can help you by determining your learning style, and by offering you support with certain decisions pertaining to your education.
Career Path (offered virtually)
If you are having doubts about your career choice, make an appointment with one of our counsellors! They will assess your interests, your abilities, and your personality in order to offer you career guidance that will meet your needs and your expectations.
The above services are available Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 4:30 pm. To make an appointment with one of our counsellors, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-361-6673, ext. 2020. Please note that all our services are free and confidential.
Mental Health Services available after hours
- Students may access mental health services after hours with the mobile app My SSP (My Student Support Program). This service is offered by chat, by telephone or virtually. For more information, please download the mobile app or connect to keepmesafe.org.