Your Orientation at Collège Boréal 2021!
Ensuring a good start at Collège Boréal is easy!
As a new member of the Boréal family, you probably have many questions. There is a lot of information to learn before your first day of class, for example “How do I get my student card?”, “How do I get and understand my class schedule?”. We strongly encourage you to participate in all of our orientation activities!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the orientation schedule may change without prior notice. You will be advised of any significant schedule changes by email.
Please take a close look at the schedule since some sessions are mandatory. We strongly recommend you attend all of the activities.
Calendar of events
Below you will find the important dates relating to events that are taking place that will help prepare you for your journey at Collège Boréal from August up until the first week of September. You may also like to visit the Academic Calendar for a summary of other important dates.
Click below to view additional details!
Click on the link below, followed by your campus to access a list of key elements to be completed before your first day of class!
You are invited to participate to one of these testing and troubleshooting sessions to ensure that you have the electronic tools to participate to the orientation activities and online courses.
Please attend one of the following virtual sessions. Registration is not required:
- Monday, August 16th, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. EST - Connect now!
- Wednesday, August 18th, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. EST - Connect now!
- Friday, August 20th, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST - Connect now!
- Saturday, August 21st, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST - Connect now!
- Tuesday, August 24th, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST - Connect now!
- Thursday, August 26th, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. EST - Connect now!
Below, you will find a series of helpful videos which will briefly present some of the services available to you and how to access them.
- Les services de santé (Sudbury)
- Les services de counseling
- Les services d’accessibilité
- Le CFÉRO
- Le Coup de pouce
- Le service de tutorat de groupe et par les pairs
- Le coach d’appui technologique aux étudiants
- Le Centre de ressource Alphonse-Desjardins
- La vie collégiale et ton association étudiante
- Le centre sportif (Sudbury)
- Le Centre Louis-Riel
- Le Centre d’emploi (Sudbury)
- Aide financière
Wednesday, September 1st
International students are invited to participate in a day filled with helpful information to help them prepare for their studies at Collège Boréal and in Canada, either in class or virtually.
- Wednesday, September 1st, 2020 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST
Don't forget to submit an electronic copy of your study permit by email to email@example.com as soon as you have received it.
Thursday September 2nd and Friday September 3rd
Get to know the services that are available to support you in your learning while picking up some tips for successful learning techniques and learning more about your campus. Participate in these activities to prepare yourself for your academic journey at Collège Boréal.
- Thursday, September 2nd, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. EST
- Information session for parents: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. EST
- Evening information session for students: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. EST
- Friday, September 3: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST
The welcome sessions are offered face-to-face at the Sudbury campus and the Toronto campus as well as virtually. Register for one of the sessions by clicking on the registration form below.
The details for the day will be communicated to you by email.
Tuesday, September 7th
This compulsory orientation will introduce you to your program of study, your teachers, your dean and your responsibilities. This day, filled with important information sessions, is mandatory for new Collège Boréal students and will be offered virtually.
- Tuesday, September 7th, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. EST
- Tuesday, September 7th, from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST for Boréal Online students
Please click below to get your personalized schedule, as well as direct access to your sessions which will be specific to your campus and program.
Good luck to you all and remember, we are here to support you!
Your message was sent succesfully