Twice the Recognition !
Dual Credit (DC) programs are programs approved by the Ministry of Education that allow students to finish high school while taking college or apprenticeship courses that count simultaneously toward their Ontario Secondary School diploma and a college certificate, diploma or advanced diploma or a certificate of apprenticeship.
Discover the various college pathways.
Complete high school while earning credits that count toward a college program.
Ease the transition to a college or an apprenticeship program.
To participate in a DC program, you must first share your application with a Guidance Counselor at your school. Together, you can then examine the program offerings available at your school, and check your application against a list of eligibility criteria.
To be eligible, you must be in grade 11 or 12, and you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- be enrolled in a Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM);
- be enrolled in the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP);
- have accumulated numerous absences or be lagging behind in the number of creditsearned;
- lack confidence in your ability to succeed;
- need help in choosing a career path;
- be unsure about your pathway after high school.
DC programs available at your school vary according to the semester, the year, and the region.
For a list of DC programs offered by Collège Boréal, refer to the Dual Credit Program Directory.
Those who would like more information can find all resources in the public shareware.
Learn in our state of the art facilities.
Want more information?
We are happy to help!
Your message was sent succesfully