Are you interested in a career as a truck driver?
Collège Boréal is your training solution!
At Collège Boréal, we are committed to offer the trucking industry the highest quality drivers thru our entry-level training. Our goal is to provide each of our students with the truck driving training they require to not only pass a Ministry of Transportation trucking road test, but to become an asset to trucking companies in the transportation industry. Our qualified and experienced instructors will not only pass on their valuable knowledge, but they will also communicate the importance of maintaining the highest standards of safety driving, to gain and uphold public confidence. We continually adjust and improve our truck driving training program as determined by the Ministry of Transportation to reflect the ever-changing needs of the trucking industry.
DZ3 – 90 hours
AZ4 – 120 hours
AZ6 – 200 hours
AZ8 – 260 hours
|Sudburyfirstname.lastname@example.org||800-361-6673 ext. 2037|
|Timminsemail@example.com||800-361-6673 ext. 5519|
To apply for a full Class A licence, you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- hold a valid Ontario G licence
- pass a vision test (with the MTO)
- submit a valid medical report to the MTO
- pass a knowledge test about operating large trucks and tractor trailers – this test is done in-house at Collège Boréal
- complete a mandatory entry-level training course at Collège Boréal
- pass a road test using a vehicle that meets the requirements for a full Class A. The road test is done in-house at Collège Boréal with our commercial vehicle.
Clean Driving Record
A clean driving record is required to pursue a career as an AZ commercial driver. Minor offences such as speeding tickets are unlikely to have an impact on your career, but offences like driving under the influence, or having a high volume of moving vehicle offences, can make it difficult to obtain work.
Most companies will request a recent criminal record check of their new employees. Although this is not a requirement for the AZ program, it is recommended that you obtain a criminal record check before you begin looking for employment.
Why Choose Collège Boréal?
- Mandatory Entry Level Training (ELT) approved by the Ministry of Transportation (MTO)
- AZ 4 (120 hours), AZ 6 (200 hours) & AZ 8 (260 hours) programs that exceed certification standards and prepare drivers for the transportation industry
- MTO Class A Written Exam and Drive Test done in-house
- MTO Air Brake (Z) Endorsement included in program and done in-house
- Instructors with over 20 years of trucking experience
- On-site training
- Flexible schedule
- Offered in French and English
- OSAP approved
- Manual transmission vehicle