- Are you unsure about your future or program choice? Check out our exploration programs.
- YOU DON’T HAVE AN ONTARIO SECONDARY SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR YOU ARE MISSING CREDITS?
- LOOKING TO ACQUIRE COLLEGE CREDIT FOR THE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE GAINED THROUGH PREVIOUS LEARNING EXPERIENCES?
- Have you already studied in a similar program? Find out if that program is part of an articulation agreement with Collège Boréal!
Enrolling in an exploration program will allow you to gain postsecondary credits which can be transferred to another program. Exploration programs include:
- General Arts and Sciences
- General Arts and Sciences – English as a Second Language
- Pre-Health Sciences
Scholarships are also available. For more information on exploration programs, contact us at 1.800.361.6673, ext. 6035.
If you are an adult who does not possess an Ontario Secondary School Diploma, the following options may apply to you:
- Take part in a consultation (face-to-face or by telephone) to determine the next steps;
- Obtain the ACE certification, recognizes as the OSSD equivalent;
- Enrol in basic skills training following the assessment of acquired skills in specific fields.
For information regarding academic upgrading, contact the School of Development and General Sciences at 1-800-361-6673 or 705-560-6673, ext. 6035.
LOOKING TO ACQUIRE COLLEGE CREDIT FOR THE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE GAINED THROUGH PREVIOUS LEARNING EXPERIENCES?
Find out about Prior Learning Recognition.
Do you think that past work or life experiences could count towards program credit?
Collège Boréal can evaluate your prior learning experiences and give you credit for similar learning outcomes. Contact the Registrar at 1.800.361.6673, ext. 2180 or at email@example.com to find out more.
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) offers students the opportunity to acquire college credit for the skills and knowledge gained through previous learning experiences. PLAR is based on the assessment of non-traditional learning experiences, such as previous work experience, internships, volunteer work, workshops, conferences, self-taught training, political involvement as well as sporting, cultural, and social activities, travel experiences, etc.
Please see the collegiate calendar for PLAR deadlines. Click here to see fees associated with a PLAR request*.
For more information, contact the Admissions Office and Registrar at 705-560-6673 or 1-800-361-6673, ext. 2180.
* Amount subject to modification.
Have you already studied in a similar program? Find out if that program is part of an articulation agreement with Collège Boréal!
A candidate having completed courses in a program similar to those offered at Boréal may be enrolled at a higher level (other than the first year).
For us to review your file, you must request for a credit evaluation prior to the deadlines indicated in the academic calendar. We will also need the following information:
- official transcripts
- course plans for all courses subject to review