Thursday, September 26, 2019 – Sudbury – Collège Boréal
Colleges Ontario published the 2018-2019 Key Performance Indicators for Ontario’s 24 colleges on Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
Since 1998, colleges have been mandated by the Ontario government to collect and report performance data in five areas: student satisfaction, graduate satisfaction, employer satisfaction, employment rate and graduation rate.
This year, Collège Boréal is the only college with a top rank for two of five indicators, namely Student Satisfaction and Graduation Rate. This is the 17th time in 20 years that Collège Boréal is Ontario’s top ranking college for at least two of five indicators.
Proof of the quality of Boréal’s educational model
The 2018-2019 data confirm the consistency of College Boréal’s performance:
- For the 18th time in 19 years, Boréal’s graduation rate is the highest in the province;
- For the fourth time in four years, Boréal’s student satisfaction rate is the highest in the province;
- In 2018-2019, Boréal’s results are above the provincial average for all five Key Performance Indicators.
“What is being evaluated here is the quality of our service delivery model. These results show that Collège Boréal is moving in the right direction,” concluded Daniel Giroux, president of Collège Boréal.
Who wouldn’t recommend Boréal?
The proof comes from people who have experienced Collège Boréal: students, graduates and employers all state that they would recommend Boréal to their friends or to other employers and they state it at record rates: 92%, 93% and 96% respectively.
“This expression of confidence pushes us to continue our efforts to maintain and increase our reputation, which rests on a solid base,” added Mr. Giroux.
Colleges use the Key Performance Indicators to highlight their achievements and to identify areas for improvement to the programs and services they offer in order to better meet the needs of students.
The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities uses this data to advise and inform the government about colleges, to plan the development of the college network and to ensure the implementation of educational policies.
The survey results are posted online at www.collegesontario.ca
“The Key Performance Indicators are like a report card for the college. Every year, they allow us to conduct a detailed analysis of our areas of strength and areas where improvements are possible. Of course, we view our results with pride, but also with a degree of humility, because we know that our strength resides in our students, our clients and our staff, without whom we couldn’t achieve these results year after year.”
Daniel Giroux, president of Collège Boréal
- 87,00% of students state that they are satisfied with their college experience (top rank; the provincial average is 75.70%);
- 94,30% of students consider that their program gives them knowledge and skills they will use in their future career (top rank; the provincial average is 86.20%);
- 88,10% of students are satisfied with the overall quality of their learning experience in their program (top rank; the provincial average is 78.30%)
- 83,80% of students are satisfied with the overall quality of services provided by Collège Boréal (top rank; the provincial average is 63.60%);
- 82,00% of students are satisfied with the overall quality of the college’s physical resources and installations (2nd rank; the provincial average is 74.80%);
- 83,00% of students are satisfied with the college’s staff commitment to ensuring their success (the provincial average is 59.00%);
- 92,00% of students would recommend Collège Boréal to a friend or other interested persons.
- 86,20% of Boréal’s graduates are satisfied or very satisfied with their college experience (third rank; the provincial average is 79.90%);
- 93,00% of graduates would recommend Collège Boréal to their friends or other interested persons;
- 89,00% of graduates would also recommend their respective programs.
- 76,30% of students registered at Collège Boréal have obtained their diploma (top rank; the provincial average is 67.20%);
- 86,50% of Collège Boréal graduates have found a job in the six months following their graduation (17th rank; the provincial average is 86.20%)
- 93,80% of employers who hired a Collège Boréal graduate are satisfied or very satisfied with their hire (5th rank; the provincial average is 89.60%);
- 96,00% of employers would recommend hiring a Collège Boréal graduate to other employers.
About Collège Boréal
Established in 1995, Collège Boréal is a French language post-secondary training and learning institution dedicated to the development and growth of communities throughout Ontario.
Collège Boréal offers comprehensive programs and services in 7 campuses and 38 access centres in 26 communities throughout the province. Since 1995, approximately 120,000 clients across Ontario have benefited from Collège Boréal’s expertise relating to post-secondary education, training programs, immigration and settlement services, and employment services. Collège Boréal has established over 120 articulation agreements with other post-secondary institutions.
According to the Key Performance Indicators recognized by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, Collège Boréal ranks first in Ontario for two of the five indicators: graduation rate and, for the fourth consecutive year, student satisfaction. These results show that Boreal’s strengths lie in its investment in human capital.
For further information
Ronan Le Guern
Manager – Communications and Media Relations
Tel.: 416-289-5130, ext. 5172
Back to News Features