Colleges Ontario just released the 2015-2016 Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and the results are unprecedented! Collège Boréal now holds the top-ranking position in four out of the five areas surveyed!
Since 1998, colleges have been mandated by the Ontario government to collect and report performance data in the following areas: graduate satisfaction, student satisfaction, employer satisfaction, employment rate, and graduation rate.
For the 12th time in 15 years, Collège Boréal received the highest graduate satisfaction rate in the province. For the 15th time in 16 years, Collège Boréal reports the highest graduation rate in Ontario. Also, for the first time in its history and with record results, Boréal holds the top-ranking position in student satisfaction as well employment rate! This year, with 93.8%, Boréal ranked 7thout of 24 in employer satisfaction. Moreover, for a second consecutive year, all of Collège Boréal’s results surpass the provincial average.
The KPI data are used by colleges to demonstrate their achievements and to identify where changes could be made to programs and services to better meet the needs of students. The Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities (MTCU) also uses the data to advise and inform government about the colleges and in the planning and policy-making for the college system.
Collège Boréal uses this annual fact finding exercise to evaluate the work it does in the areas of recruitment or to get a sense of its reputation and strengths in order to better understand the needs of the student population. The information gathered through this survey assists in the development of additional strategies leading to program and service improvements.
Survey results are available online at www.collegesontario.ca. Here are the highlights pertaining to Collège Boréal’s 2015-2016 Key Performance Indicators.
- 4% are satisfied or very satisfied with the quality of their learning experience, support services, and educational resources; this result is 10.6% higher than the provincial average.
- 5% attest that they have access to quality learning experiences in their respective programs; this result is 8.5% higher than the provincial average.
- 86% indicate that Collège Boréal staff members truly care about their success; this result is 23% higher than the provincial average!
- 6% feel that Boréal provides all the necessary knowledge and skills required for the labour market.
- 5% are pleased with the overall quality of services offered by the college; this result is 19.9% higher than the provincial average!
- 87% are pleased with their overall college experience; this result is 14% higher than the provincial average.
- 9 % are satisfied with the quality of Boréal’s physical resources and facilities; this result is 7.3% higher than the provincial average.
- 93% of students would recommend Collège Boréal.
- 8% of Collège Boréal graduates are satisfied or very satisfied with their college experience; this result is 9.5% higher than the provincial average.
- 94% of graduates would recommend Collège Boréal as a first class postsecondary institution.
- 92% of Collège Boréal graduates would also recommend their program.
Graduation Rate and Employability
- 3% of students enrolled at Collège Boréal obtained their degree; this result is 8.6% higher than the provincial average.
- 4% of Collège Boréal graduates found a job.
- 8% of surveyed employers who hired Collège Boréal graduates are satisfied or very satisfied with their employees.
- And, 97% of surveyed employers would recommend hiring a Collège Boréal graduate.
“Collège Boréal is extremely proud of these latest results which testify to the ongoing commitment and dedication of the entire Boréal team. I would like to take this opportunity to thank our teaching personnel, our support staff, our administrative team, and all those who enrich our students’ lives every single day. These results prove, once again, that Boréal is the college of choice in Ontario.”
Pierre Riopel, President, Collège Boréal
Established in 1995, Collège Boréal is a French-language postsecondary training and learning institution dedicated to the development and growth of French communities throughout the province.
Since 1995, over 113,380 clients across Ontario have benefited from College Boréal’s expertise relating to postsecondary education, training programs, services for immigrants, and services pertaining to employability. Collège Boréal offers a wide variety of services in 35 access centres in 25 communities across the province. Furthermore, Collège Boréal has developed and implemented over 60 articulation agreements with other postsecondary institutions.
Manager of Communications and Media Relations
705-560-6673, ext. 1235
Back to News Features