Wednesday, April 19, 2017 – Sudbury – Collège Boréal
Colleges Ontario just released the 2016–2017 Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Collège Boréal is, once again, leading the pack out of the 24 Ontario colleges!
Since 1998, colleges have been mandated by the Ontario government to collect and report performance data in the following areas: graduate satisfaction, student satisfaction, employer satisfaction, employment rate, and graduation rate.
Year after year, Collège Boréal has generated impressive results and this year, Boréal holds the top-ranking position in three out of the five areas surveyed! For the 13th time in 16 years, Collège Boréal received the highest graduate satisfaction rate in the province. For the 16th time in 17 years, Collège Boréal reports the highest graduation rate in Ontario. Also, for a second consecutive year, Boréal holds the top-ranking position in student satisfaction! Moreover, with 96%, Boréal ranks 3rd out of all 24 colleges in employer satisfaction!
The KPI data are used by colleges to demonstrate their achievements and to identify where changes could be made to programs and services to better meet the needs of students. The Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development also uses the data to advise and inform government about the colleges and in the planning and policy-making for the college system.
Collège Boréal uses this annual fact-finding exercise to evaluate the work it does in the areas of recruitment or to get a sense of its reputation and strengths in order to better understand the needs of the student population. The information gathered through this survey assists in the development of additional strategies leading to program and service improvements.
Survey results are available online at www.collegesontario.ca. Here are the highlights pertaining to Collège Boréal’s 2016–2017 Key Performance Indicators.
- 86.6% are satisfied or very satisfied with the quality of their learning experience, support services, and educational resources; this result is 10.1% higher than the provincial average.
- 93.5% feel that Boréal provides all the necessary knowledge and skills required for the labour market.
- 87% attest that they have access to quality learning experiences in their respective programs.
- 84.4% are pleased with the overall quality of services offered by the college; this result is 19.8% higher than the provincial average!
- 81.4% are satisfied with the quality of Boréal’s physical resources and facilities.
- 84% indicate that Collège Boréal staff members truly care about their success; this result is 21% higher than the provincial average!
- 84% are pleased with their overall college experience.
- 94% of students would recommend Collège Boréal.
- 87.8% of Collège Boréal graduates are satisfied or very satisfied with their college experience; this result is 9% higher than the provincial average.
- 95% of graduates would recommend Collège Boréal as a first class post-secondary institution.
- 94% of Collège Boréal graduates would also recommend their program.
- 75.4% of students enrolled at Collège Boréal obtained their degree; this result is 8.8% higher than the provincial average.
- 82.1% of Collège Boréal graduates found a job.
- 96% of surveyed employers who hired Collège Boréal graduates are satisfied or very satisfied with their employee.
- And, 97% of surveyed employers are satisfied or very satisfied with the academic preparedness and training of Boréal graduates!
“With such impressive results, year after year, it is clearer than ever that Collège Boréal is the college of choice in Ontario. These latest results testify to the ongoing commitment and dedication of the entire Boréal team and I would like to take this opportunity to thank our teaching personnel, our support staff, our administrative team, and all those who contribute to the college experience of our students.”
Daniel Giroux, President, Collège Boréal
Established in 1995, Collège Boréal is a French language post-secondary training and learning institution dedicated to the development and growth of French communities throughout the province.
Collège Boréal offers a wide variety of programs and services in 36 access centres and campuses in 25 communities across the province. Since 1995, over 116,000 clients across Ontario have benefited from College Boréal’s expertise relating to post-secondary education, training programs, immigration and settlement services, as well as employment services. Furthermore, Collège Boréal has developed and implemented over 70 articulation agreements with other post-secondary institutions.
Manager of Communications and Media Relations
705-560-6673, ext. 1235
Back to News Features