Since 1998, the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) and the colleges of applied arts and technology have defined five Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure, in a consistent manner across the college system, college performance against Ministry stated goals and objectives. The five KPIs are: student satisfaction, graduate satisfaction, graduation rate, graduate employment rate and employer satisfaction. The KPI data are used by colleges to demonstrate their achievements and to identify where changes could be made to programs and services to better meet the needs of students. The Ministry also uses the data to advise and inform government about the colleges and in the planning and policy-making for the college system.
2015-2016 Key Performance Indicators: Collège Boréal Stands out from the Crowd!
Following the publication of the Key Performance Indicators by Colleges Ontario, Collège Boréal is proud to announce that it now holds the top-ranking position in four out of the five areas surveyed!
For the 12th time in 15 years, Collège Boréal received the highest graduate satisfaction rate in the province. For the 15th time in 16 years, Collège Boréal reports the highest graduation rate in Ontario. Also, for the first time in its history and with record results, Boréal holds the highest student satisfaction and employment rates! This year, with 93.8%, Boréal ranked 7th out of 24 in employer satisfaction. Moreover, for a second consecutive year, all of Collège Boréal’s results surpass the provincial average.
Here are the highlights pertaining to Collège Boréal’s 2015-2016 Key Performance Indicators.
- 87.4% are satisfied or very satisfied with the quality of their learning experience, support services, and educational resources; this result is 10.6% higher than the provincial average.
- 88.5% attest that they have access to quality learning experiences in their respective programs; this result is 8.5% higher than the provincial average.
- 86% indicate that Collège Boréal staff members truly care about their success; this result is 23% higher than the provincial average!
- 93.6% feel that Boréal provides all the necessary knowledge and skills required for the labour market.
- 84.5% are pleased with the overall quality of services offered by the college; this result is 19.9% higher than the provincial average!
- 87% are pleased with their overall college experience; this result is 14% higher than the provincial average.
- 82.9 % are satisfied with the quality of Boréal’s physical resources and facilities; this result is 7.3% higher than the provincial average.
- 93% of students would recommend Collège Boréal.
- 89.8% of Collège Boréal graduates are satisfied or very satisfied with their college experience; this result is 9.5% higher than the provincial average.
- 94% of graduates would recommend Collège Boréal as a first class postsecondary institution.
- 92% of Collège Boréal graduates would also recommend their program.
Graduation Rate and Employability
- 75.3% of students enrolled at Collège Boréal obtained their degree; this result is 8.6% higher than the provincial average.
- 89.4% of Collège Boréal graduates found a job.
- 93.8% of surveyed employers who hired Collège Boréal graduates are satisfied or very satisfied with their employees.
- And, 97% of surveyed employers would recommend hiring a Collège Boréal graduate.
Collège Boréal uses this annual fact finding exercise to evaluate the work it does in the areas of recruitment or to get a sense of its reputation and strengths in order to better understand the needs of the student population. The information gathered through this survey assists in the development of additional strategies leading to program and service improvements.
Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) Performance Indicators
A common methodology has been used for the calculations for all program-related information provided by all colleges. The data are updated annually. The approved program sequence (APS) number is assigned to each approved program by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
View the following performance indicator data which contain the following:
- the Canada-Ontario Integrated Student Loan default rates (COISL);
- the graduate employment rates; and
- the graduation rates.
Labour Market Employment Profiles
Colleges Ontario Key Performance Indicators